SUMMARY: The Somerset Supply Chain Buyer aligns closely with the Somerset Short Term Planner, Scheduler, Materials Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Twinsburg’s Supply Chain Buyer as well as the Director of Sourcing, Inside Sales, Engineering, Finance and Operations in the areas of purchasing and vendor management to exceed expectations of the overall goals, objectives, mission, and vision of the organization.
- Create purchase orders for all raw materials including resin in support of production.
- Establish and foster solid working relationships with all vendors.
- Manager and maintain approved vendor pricing, availability and delivery in IQMS.
- Follow up with suppliers on corrective actions to ensure highest levels of efficiency.
- Process MRP Action Messages for all raw materials.
- Liaison between Quality and Vendor.
- Create and publish vendor performance reports monthly.
- Coordinate vendor review meetings.
- Proactively identify risk to the supply chain, supply, cost, and lead times.
- Actively participate in meetings (inventory, management review, vendor, supply chain team); bring forward identified supply chain risks.
- Use critical thinking skills to identify continuous improvement opportunities in purchasing and with raw material inventory.
- Proactively drive risk analysis in purchasing.
- Support Director of Sourcing with vendor management, quality or vendor site audits.
- Process purchase order acknowledgements, analyzing for potential supply chain disruptions.
- Maintain and manage vendor contacts.
- Manage vendor delivery and quality issues.
- Create and maintain WI and SOP’s for Twinsburg Supply Chain; coordinate yearly WI review.
- Issue approved expense and MRO purchases including IT, office supplies and equipment.
- Analyze, update and maintain raw material planning parameters.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly reports and critical trackers.
- Manage outsourcing production, POs and inventory levels.
- Analyze and provide solutions to expedite and escalation requests from Inside Sales.
- Manage the raw materials monthly inventory process.
- Actively participate in Supply Chain projects.
- Manage and drive phase in/phase out projects.
- Backup to Somerset purchasing.
- IQMS super user and provide support to others.
- Input data into IQMS in a timely and accurate manner and facilitate reporting.
- Attend meetings as needed or directed.
- Lead by example in assuring all components of Suppliers Audit for Food Excellence (SAFE) are followed; neat appearance/presentation at all times Identify and address potential safety issues in an expedient manner.
- Follow all guidelines and standards including but not limited to policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintain a professional, polite and courteous team approach working in a team environment.
- Sharp focus on safety and promoting a safe work environment. Report unsafe work conditions and practices. Support the near miss program.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and self-directed.
- Develop and foster trusted relationship, both internally and externally, through meetings and various. forms of communication including but not limited to telephone, e-mail, web based, and conference calls.
- APICS certification beneficial.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience collaborating with secondary processes/outsourcing.
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Ability to prioritize, switch-task and work in a very fast paced environment. Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Particular expertise in ERP and or MRP systems.
- Proven team player and a sharp focus on customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to successfully work both collaboratively and autonomously.
- A high level of trustworthiness and the ability to achieve integrity on all levels.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Solid problem-solving ability.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities. High level of energy and motivation.
- Detail oriented.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in materials management or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in purchasing and procuring raw materials.
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and verify activities to ensure that finished goods and raw materials coming in and out of the facility meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards.
- Comply with all company food safety and quality assurance procedures and data documented correctly at all times.
- Report any product or process failures that could impact food safety of manufactured product to Quality.
- Mold Rite has a strong emphasis on safety in the workplace. We strive for a culture where all people accept accountability for their safety and for the safety of others. Adherence to all safety policies and procedures is a requirement of this position.